Why Work Here? “Family Oriented, Great Benefits, Unlimited Earning Potential”
About Vitracoat America, Inc
Vitracoat has been manufacturing quality industrial coatings for over 75 years and powder coatings for over 35 years.
At the core of the Vitracoat brand is a trusted family-owned international leader of quality powder coatings. Throughout the years Vitracoat has expanded operations across multiple continents and is ranked amongst the top powder coating manufacturers in the world. We are a company of over 1000 employees, with production capacities exceeding 80 million pounds per year. Our powder coatings can be found in everything from everyday objects to aerospace and beyond. With our North American Headquarters in Elkhart, Indiana, and with offices across the western hemisphere we are available to offer the best service and delivery in the industry.
This position is responsible for the ownership, oversight, development, and advancement of Vitracoat’ s Information Technology, with both hardware and software in mind. The person in this role must ensure that all employees have the technology they need to get their job done, from a reliable laptop and VPN access for remote workers who can’t be reached otherwise, to up-close coordination with other departments as well as build the Dash Boards needed to manage the business and ensure sales has the data to grow their respective territories. As well as have significant financial oversite of business results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieves great results with information technology staff by conveying job expectations, strategizing, overseeing and assessing results, acting as a mentor, counselor, and disciplinarian, and implementing the procedures and policies issued by the company.
- Keeps IT staff at optimal capacity by seeking out candidates, selecting the best ones, and familiarizing them with the company’s procedures to promote a safe work environment, while also presenting opportunities for personal growth.
- Maintains efficiency and effectiveness of the company by creating and presenting plans for bringing new information technologies into the workplace.
- Organizes and oversees research subjects by examining plans, policies, and user projects as they relate to the goals of the company.
- Conducts audits of currently implemented technologies to verify the results of their applications in the workplace.
- Organizes IT department timetables and resources by coordinating with data center and user departments in order to complete projects.
- Makes recommendations for IT plans and policies by assessing the results of the organization, finding issues, determining requirements, and evaluating the feasibility of current industry trends.
- Maintains asset quality through the implementation of control structures, information security, and procedures for backup and disaster recovery.
- Reaches the financial goals of the company by anticipating requirements, crafting a yearly budget, scheduling purchases, examining variances, and taking actions to implement solutions.
- Ensures high quality of IT service by creating and enforcing strong standards for the department.
- Keeps job knowledge current by taking part in workshops and professional societies, reading professional publications, and networking.
- Encourages team dynamics among staff members.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong grasp of D365, Power Bi, Tableau, and networking.
- Ability to manage an IT staff using effective teamwork techniques.
- Managing and organizing outside consultant companies to support Vitracoat IT needs.
- Knowing when other departments need to be informed of an IT development.
- Ability to identify strong IT staff candidates and recruit them.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Management of data centers.
- Knowledge of efficient budget development.
- Formulate plans to stay at top of the industry.
- Quality standard enforcement.
- Ability to cooperate with staff members and other departments.
- Protect the company’s information technology from outside threats.
- Exceptional excel skills.
- Have an understanding of accounting and how IT impacts and affects business results.
- Maybe required to travel to Vitracoat’s corporate office in Mexico.
- Represent Vitracoat at functions as needed when needed.
- Spanish speaking is a plus for this position.
- Must be available for travel to Elkhart at least weekly and Houston at least monthly.
- Some administrative needs will be necessary for this position in support of Zone Managers, Salesmen, and members of the Technical Support Team.
- Collaboration and coordination with Mexico to assure a singular image and brand are promoted.
He/she must be willing to train, mentor, and/or support all members of the sales and marketing team to optimize effort and focus on achieving business sales and profit goals.
This individual will be expected to work with a very high level of independence yet also be comfortable working in a group environment. He/she will be expected to use good judgment, ethical decision-making abilities, and business initiative to drive the organization to meet its business goals.
Teamwork skills will be very important aspects of this job with an emphasis on his/her ability to communicate both orally and written.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School education is a must. A four (4) year Accounting or business degree is a plus. However, this person must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in coatings with a proven sales track record in powder coatings.
- Ability to manage multiple projects is a must.
- Organizational skills are essential.
- Communication skills both oral and written will be of significant importance.
- The ability to travel.
- Experience and proficient use of all Microsoft Office programs, Adobe, and Apple Products with the ability to work with new software as needed.
- Financial expertise.
- Knowledge of the powder coating process.
- Proven Track Record in Accounting and Information Technology.
- Presentation skills.
- The ability to manage a budget.
- The ability to work independently.