This position is responsible for the coordination of all sales, prospecting, and service activities for customers and prospects within a select territory and in some cases specific account support outside the defined territory. He/She will have to meet an annual budget for sales, margin, and expenses. Sales skills, Technical expertise, moral conduct, and professionalism will be expected and continually evaluated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful candidate must be able to build relationships with prospective customers
- The successful candidate must have excellent negotiating skills
- Must have the ability to use multiple communication methods effectively
- The person must be knowledgeable about competitors, knowing their strengths and weakness
- The successful candidate must have excellent verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate must be willing/able to find new prospects utilizing multiple sources
- The successful candidate must be able to work closely and collaboratively with Customer Service, Operations, Research and Development Labs, Zone Managers, and upper Management within Vitracoat.
- The successful candidate must be an expert at developing and executing a plan to gain business from targeted prospects
- The successful candidate must have excellent presentation skills
- This position requires an understanding of all aspects of the powder coating process.
- This position requires the ability to determine the right powder coating solution for any given opportunity.
- This position requires a working knowledge of the powder coating chemistries commercially available, the benefits and weaknesses of each one.
- This position requires the ability to compose a technical audit report
- This position must utilize inputs from multiple sources to develop the best and most practical approach to the market.
- This position requires a proven track record with the selling process
- This position may require participation in industry shows
- This position requires collaboration and functional guidance of technical support people for territory
- Extensive travel may be required for this position
- Complete expense reports for business travel in a timely and complete manner
- Gather information as needed to complete Laboratory Work Requests as needed to grow business
- Traveling to Vitracoat’s corporate office in Mexico may be required
- Working in a team environment being respectful and professional with all Vitracoat employees
- Network to help grow business in the territory
- Meet annual sales targets
- Stay within budgeted expenses for business travel and entertainment
- Manage inventory levels and move aged inventory
While this position will not start with any direct reports he/she must be willing to train, mentor, and/or support all members of the sales and marketing team to optimize effort and focus on achieving business sales and profit goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects is a must
- Organizational skills essential
- Communications skills both oral and written will be of significant importance.
- The ability to travel
- Experience and proficient use of all Microsoft Office programs, Adobe, Apple Products with the ability to work with new software as needed.
- Knowledge of the coatings market place especially powder coatings
- Knowledge of the powder coating process
- Proven Sales Track Record
- The ability to work independent
- Excellent computer skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School education is a must. A four (4) year chemistry, marketing, or business degree is a plus. This person must have minimum ten (10) years of experience in sales, experience with coatings specifically powder coatings is a plus.
Midwest Region, USA
Fill out the form below to apply online.