Why Work Here? “Family Oriented, Great Benefits, Unlimited Earning Potential”
About Vitracoat, Inc:
Vitracoat has been manufacturing quality industrial coatings for over 70 years and powder coatings for over 30 years.
At the core of the Vitracoat brand is a trusted family-owned international leader of quality powder coatings. Throughout the years Vitracoat has expanded operations across multiple continents and is ranked amongst the top powder coating manufacturers in the world. We are a company of over 1000 employees, with production capacities exceeding 80 million pounds per year. Our powder coatings can be found in everything from everyday objects to aerospace and beyond. With our North American Headquarters in Elkhart, Indiana and with offices across the western hemisphere we are available to offer the best service and delivery in the industry.
The Technical Service Representative will provide field technical support and assistance to customers and prospective customers regarding the optimal use of Vitracoat product lines and basic application methods. He/She must meet an annual target for activity, report writing and expense control.
- Serve as a coating expert in powder coating technology and have a working knowledge of multiple application technologies to support the customer base.
- Through integrity and dependability, build relationships at all levels to help support change initiatives that allows Vitracoat to deliver value to customers.
- Continuously identify ways to improve by engaging with staff and bringing perspective on new ideas.
- Serve as technical spokesperson to customer.
- Provide a Voice of Customer to the Vitracoat Sales, Marketing, Technical, and Manufacturing functions.
- Become proficient is the development of line audits that detail the customer’s process.
- Provide intermediate technical direction and assistance to customers regarding the use of product lines and facilitates account management in coordination with Sales Team.
- Respond to complex questions and concerns from customers regarding product lines, application and general performance requirements.
- Become an expert is sharing the details and facts of the process so that the customer has enough evidence to accept when changes are needed to improve their powder coating process.
- Serve as an operational advisor to customers by applying general quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality, efficiency and line design.
- Serves as liaison with sales by interacting with line management & personnel and developing a complete understanding of needs & operations and providing recommendations.
- Work with Vitracoat Technical and Manufacturing Teams to maintain product quality.
- Conduct line audits as required and report findings back to sales and the customer.
- Prepare accurate and timely Technical Service reports.
- Follow all Vitracoat and customer safety regulations.
- Work with all Allied vendors to best support the customer including but not limited to: Equipment Suppliers, Pretreatment Suppliers, Equipment Integrators and System Houses.
- Knowledge of paint formulation and application processes preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization and customers.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills with data-based decision-making capability.
- Familiar with the use of S.I.R.E method of troubleshooting.
- Have the ability to train in both classroom and plant using hands on methods.
- The ability to collaborate and build teamwork is essential.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Minimum 3-5 years as Technical Services Specialist in coatings and/or finishing lines.
- Demonstrated industry and product application experience.
- Understanding of application methods and equipment types in industry.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize work.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service aptitude and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Transport, lift, & hold up to 55 lbs.
While this position will not start with any direct reports, he/she must be willing to train, mentor and/or support all members of the sales and marketing team to optimize effort and focus on achieving business sales and profit goals.
Education and/or Experience
High School education is a must. A four (4) year chemistry, marketing or business degree is a plus. However, this person must have a minimum of three (3) years of technical service experience in coatings. Experience in powder coatings is a plus.