Why Work Here? “Family Oriented, Great Benefits, Unlimited Earning Potential”
About Vitracoat, Inc:
Vitracoat has been manufacturing quality industrial coatings for over 70 years and powder coatings for over 30 years.
At the core of the Vitracoat brand is a trusted family-owned international leader of quality powder coatings. Throughout the years Vitracoat has expanded operations across multiple continents and is ranked amongst the top powder coating manufacturers in the world. We are a company of over 1000 employees, with production capacities exceeding 80 million pounds per year. Our powder coatings can be found in everything from everyday objects to aerospace and beyond. With our North American Headquarters in Elkhart, Indiana and with offices across the western hemisphere we are available to offer the best service and delivery in the industry.
• Design, keep up to date and administer a comprehensive orientation program for all employees
• Maintain no less than a 90% filled position at all times
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift 55 pounds at times
• Must be able to access and navigate all departments of the company’s facility
This individual will be expected to work in a group environment under the supervision of a team leader. He/she will be expected to use good judgment, and ethical decision-making abilities when testing and reporting data obtained during laboratory testing.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
• Ability to operate machinery
• Able to lift to 55 lbs. 6.0 TRAVEL No travel requirement for this position
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma is a must
• Associate or Bachelor of Science is preferred
• Organizational skills essential
• A two-year minimum formulating coatings experience or 3+ plus years of laboratory experience is required
• Spanish speaking is a plus
• Good verbal communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team or under direct supervision is essential
• Basic Microsoft Excel, and Word knowledge is required
The employee must be able to communicate clearly with others and must be physically able to stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, and kneel. The employee must be able to occasionally lift or move up to approximately 55 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision and color vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position functions.